Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's a Fawn Convention!

CrazyLittleSis (aka Sis or Sissy) went into foster at my house this past Tuesday. She's a cute little thing. She's even smaller than my Chloe!

She's very nervous but very curious at the same time. She's settling in just fine. She's very comfortable around my pack (male greyhound, Blaze, 2 female greyhounds, Cori & Chloe and female lab mix, Rio). In fact, when something concerns or startles her, she watches them to gauge their reaction which helps her settle.

She loves to go out and explore the backyard. She also LOVES my screened in front porch. She was out there napping earlier today.

She and 2 of my greyhounds were out on the porch watching and listening for activity outside. The picture looks like a convention of the "fawns." They look so cute together!

Just like Chloe originally had, Sissy has gravitated to my sweet, Rio. Rio is a calm, relaxed, submissive, balanced and friendly female lab mix. The shyer dogs really seem to enjoy being around her.

Sissy likes to be near me and watches me a lot, but I pretty much ignore her unless she comes up to me for attention. Then I pet her and give her some attention.

With some time and patience, Sissy will end up being a wonderful companion. I do think she will probably bo best in a family with other dogs because she really seems to like to be part of a pack where she can flourish.

0 comments: